5.1.21 ANOTHER GOOD DAY IN THE GARAGE


My mechanic friend dropped by to help with the truck today, and we put in about seven hours on a rainy day that proved perfect for wrenching. 

We got a lot of little things accomplished. 

We took key measurements of the cross-member with it mocked in place. I'm so stoked that the measurements were perfectly square. So we removed each of the six cross-member bolts one at a time, added flat washers top and bottom, and lock washers at the bottom nuts. We added Loctite Red to the new grade-8 bolts and tightened the bolts very snuggly. 

We also began the process of plumbing the fuel lines from the gas tank to the engine compartment for the pressurized EFI lines. Using rubber-lined clips with self-taping screws, we attached the fuel line to the inner frame being careful to keep the lines far from the exhaust and any other moving parts.

While my pal pre-drilled holes in the driver side frame and installed the fuel lines with self-tapping screws, I cut the front passenger frame's C-notch following the lines that my fabricator cut into the driver side frame last weekend.

Tomorrow my fabricator is coming and all the necessary cuts are made. Once he double-checks my work, we'll be ready to weld in new metal and hopefully will get the front notches installed.

I'm also hoping we'll get the custom-cut bumper brackets in place on the rear bumper.

It was another productive day and the Burb is heading towards reassembly.



Comments

Popular Posts