5.30.21 I GOT MY ASS SPINDLED






Metal-prepped, wire-brushed, sprayed with Easwood rust encapsulator, then Eastwood 
brake-cylinder paint. 

Good as new. 

Also detailed the center link, and got the new inner and outer tie-rod installed in the old sleeves. 
And of course, I detailed the sleeves, too using Eastwood rust encapsulator.  Once the suspension is in,
I'll detail paint the center link. 



Nw brake pads. 

Five-bolt wheels, here we come!



I'm an effort to not over-lower my truck, I've been trying to raise the front end by swapping to stock ride-height spindles to make up for the 1.5" pancaked cross-member. 

Unfortunately, neither set of stock spindles I bought, either the stock ones that I purchased as an emergency policy, or the CJ Pony Parts spindles are working with my new 5-bolt brake rotors. 

Fudge.

So it's back to the drawing board we go. I've decided to put the Early Classic 2.5" drop spindles that do work with the new rotors back in. So I'll be using my old spindles with my new rotors and finally have 5-bolt, bolt pattern in front and back.

So besides detailing the rotor surrounds, I detailed the old CE Spindles to look good as new. And we have a new set of disc brake pads to install. It's certainly not the end of the world, but I may have to arrive at bringing the front end up by running a taller tire, say a 60, 65, or 70 series.

Time will tell. 

So forward we go and back go the CJ pony parts spindles that showed up in a ripped box with no paperwork. Given how they arrived, I had a bad feeling about these spindles from the get-go.

It was basically a classic case of too many variables, and I'm frankly glad to be using my old spindles as the new rotors fit beautifully. I'm two outer wheel-bearings away from being ready to go. 

But that said, it was a frustrating weekend but forward ho.



Comments

Popular Posts