5.22.21 THE MORE I LEARN, THE LESS I KNOW.

 

















I learned something new yesterday as we rolled up our sleeves and attempted to install all-new MOOG front-suspension components. 

A 1965 Chevy C10 12-ton pickup does not share identical components with a 1965 Chevy Suburban. 

Case in point: outer tie-rods. 

After ordering a complete set of Chevy C10 front suspension links, my mechanic pal advised me that I had the wrong parts. I immediately assumed that the people who sold me my parts had screwed up. And it took me an entire day of running around looking for the correct parts to realize my mistake. 

The Suburban's out tie-rods differ from the C10 outer tie-rods. 

DOH.

Live, and learn. 

On the upside, while I was galivanting around town, my talented mechanical friend was able to install my new five-bolt front-disc brakes and new stock ride-height calipers. 

So although I didn't accomplish a ton yesterday, the front cross-member s starting to look like a front suspension. 

Not the progress I most wanted, but nonetheless progress. 


Comments

Popular Posts