05.31.21 NEW PLAN: STATIC DROPPING THE FRONT END

I believe everything happens for a reason. 

So get this. 

I posted a photo last week of my Suburban in social media and the dude who did my original air ride suspension commented on the truck.

I hadn't seen his name in ages. I figured he'd moved, Wrong.

I reached out and told him what I was doing and that in a perfect world, I'd like to static drop my truck's front end. As luck would have it, he'd done a customer's 68 C10 and described exactly how it could be done using my existing drop spindles. 

Yeah, the ones I was trying to swap out until this weekend.

So, I now have a new plan and it involves Jon Hensen, of DBRods in Williamson county, near Taylor, TX

I told Jon exactly where we're at with the front suspension and he suggested I wait for my wheels to come in, have tires installed and install my Americans on all four corners. 

Then he want we to drop the front to exactly where I want it and make some marks. 

 Once that's done, I'll drive my cross-member, upper and lower control arms out to Jon's shop and he'll spend a day setting everything up and send me down the road with adjustable shocks and the whole shebang ready to install. 

Ironically, after years of installing air bags, Jon had come to the point of view that static dropping is preferable. I could not agree more. 

As long as we get the math just right.

To that end, stay tuned. 

What that also means is the engine isn't going in this month. Hopefully, it will be ready to instal next month.

Here are some shots of the setup Jon did on his friend's 68 C10.







.




Comments

Popular Posts