5.16.21 OH, THE DETAILS

Steering column mounted at firewall.

Column and borgeson joint cleaned up and clear-coated in hi-temp.

Step one: Clean. Step two: brush on rust encapsulator.  Step three: spray in semi-flat black (see above).



Yesterday I got a lot of little messy things done. The upper and lower control arms are undercoated in rust inhibitor and then a coat of semi-flat black paint. 

The part cleaning was the most time-consuming part, really. But it's also the most vital part if you want things to look right. 

I also got the chance to clean my steering column and mount it at the firewall. I've got a nice coat of high-temp clear on the steering column staff and the Borgeson joint. My painter will be glad to know I took the time to mask so that no clear overspray gets on the frame or firewall. 

I've yet to mount the steering shaft and rag joint to the relocated steering box -- 1.5" up; 1.0" forward. 

Once Ive done so, we'll know whether the upper control arm is going to need a notch in it. 

Time will tell.

Onward!

 


Comments

  1. Hey Cameron - I'm new to the blog so I probably missed it, but how do you clean your parts? Parts washer? Solvent? Please, share your beauty secret! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts