5.11.21 RAISED STEERING BOX IS BACK IN. FINALLY.


The fabricated plate I made with the outer plate allows for the steering box to mount higher and farther forward. 

Three arts become on with a front frame rail sandwiched between them.



Almost forty bucks worth of new grade-8 hardware. 


As you can see the mounting plate extend two inches about the top of the driver-side front frame

The steering box is now raised the same amount as the front cross-member. Tah-dah!


The seeing box mount ended up having to be ground down in a few areas to fit perfectly.




As you can see the C-notch now clears the frame. 


Here's the steering box remounted. 

The same feeling of relief that I felt when the 1.5" pancaked cross-member went in and fit like a glove is once again washing over me as I got the steering box completely installed using grade-8 hardware, Locktite blue, and my step drill for final adjustments. 

Ahhh, progress. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts