4.03.21 5-BOLT PATTERN CONUNDRUM

 



No sooner than I ordered a kit to convert my 12-bolt's 6-lug pattern to 5X5" rear wheels, I discover on the Cragar website that I can't get the exact size wheels I need unless my bolt pattern is 5X4.75, which is what Chevy passenger cars run. 

Not the end of the world but a new wrinkle. Fortunately, more research has revealed that a 69-72 Chevy Chevelle rotor will work up front, while I have a couple of options for the 12-bolt kit I ordered.

1. I can return the kit and/or see if they offer a 4.75 X5 conversion kit.

2. I can modify the axles by drilling new wheels studs spaced out 4.75 instead of 5"

Stay tuned. 

NOTE: CCP Offers also offers a front-end kit: https://www.classicperform.com/Store/1960_1972_Chevy_Truck/6370WBK-5.htm

Stay tuned. 

Comments

Popular Posts