4/01/21 SPRING MADNESS


Well, life got busy and between being without hot water for the month of March and two back-to-back writing assignments, I've had the month off from getting greasy working on my Burb.

We got our new water heater installed yesterday and with my assignments wrapping up, it's time to plot out the next several steps for the Burb.

Finally got my headers shipped off to Jet-hot, hence the interesting shot In this post. 

Parts have arrived and I'm rolling my sleeves and fixing to get back to work on the burb after a welcome break. Having completed back-to-back freelance assignments I can now turn my focus back to the burb and getting more parts ordered.

I've received my front bumper from Brothers (two months back-ordered) and ordered a rear yesterday through CJ Pony Parts. 

I'm in conversations with Holley about the whereabouts of my in-tank Fuel pump.  They've sent everything I need except for the pump itself. 

I've got to check and potentially replumb my fuel line and will install block offs at the intake which will allow me to bypass running return lines to the tank.

Checking brake lines and possibly rerunning them is the next step before installing the crate engine is another step.

And, of course, getting the in-tank fuel pump installed and the tank reinstalled.

The other item that needs resolution is raising the steering box, a mod I'm midway through having finished.

Another order of business is to order the parts for my 5-bolt conversion in anticipation of my switch to 

17" Cragar SS wheels.  [Just ordered the rear end conversion kit from Summit. 

Onward!





Comments

Popular Posts