3.3.21 PREPPING AND PAINTING THE FRONT FRAME

With my firewall well on its way to being repainted, it was time to do final prep on the frame rails.

Once the rails were scuffed to remove any surface rust from the last month or so, Iwiped down the rails using mineral spirits and special prepaint wipes. Once the rails were squeaky clean, I brushed on a medium coat. being careful to get every nook and cranny. 



Where she is after a few hours spent on my back with a tiny brush for the finesse work and a 2" brush for the rest. 

The Eastwood Rust Encapsulator in platinum went on very smoothly and a used a tint brush to 
hit in all the holes. 

By this time tomorrow, I'll have primed and painted the rails with Eastwood Chassis Black Primer and Eastwood Chassis Black Paint. 

I like the way the rust encapsulator looks on the frame rails. If I ever do this again, I'm going to strongly consider silver frame rails. But not this time around. I need to stay the course.

Here's the product for those who are interested.  It can be painted over light rust. 
I wire-wheeled the entire frame from the firewall forward. 



Here's a shot of the inner rails, soon to be primed in black and finished in Eastwood Chassis black. 

 

Comments

  1. Boy, that looks great. Brush skills are rare, but better. It’s protected and most all the paint goes on unlike spray. I’ve also used fine finish rollers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts