3.16.21 RAISING THE STEERING BOX (PT.2)

 


Made the pilgrimage to my buddy's hot rod shop yesterday and borrowed his band saw.
In the shot above, is the existing steering box mount that came with the power steering
kit installed a decade and a half ago. The red pieces, at roughly one and five o clock) mounted at the inner driver frame (One) and the outer DS frame (Five) 
The cardboard piece in the middle is a template I made the moves the steering mount forward an inch and up an inch and a half. 
Looking at my reference shots before disassembly, I've come to realize that raising the box will require me to be C-notched to clear the tie rod. Just another twist in the house of cards scenario that happens when you start modifying. 
That's hot rodding.
Just when I thought all the welding was done, think again. 
So I'll drill my holes and test mount the steering box then double-check my measurements and assess whether the inner fender will need any mods. 
SIGH. 


So glad I took this reference shot of how the steering bow was mounted on the outer frame rail.
It will definitely come in handy for mounting the new plate. 

Onward! 


Comments

Popular Posts