2.15.21 CUSTOM HOOD HINGES AND THE HOUSE O' CARDS

You've probably seen me refer to modifying my truck as a house of cards. And it is.  Put another familiar way, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. 

Case in point: my custom fabricated front wheel tubs. Putting them in forced me to delete the spring pockets in the inner fender wells.  

Furthermore, pancaking my cross-member will force me to raise my steering box mount on the front driver side frame rail. 

That's the price I must pay for having a Suburban with a badass front ride height. 

The other price is somewhere in the neighborhood for $400 bucks for hood hinges that will accommodate for the fabbed inner fender tubs. 

That's not a complaint, mind you. I'm frankly happy to know that someone besides me has engineered a setup that works. 

And so the research into who makes the best setup begins. And the first option is Switch Suspension who makes the hinges used by my new Canadian friend, Jean Marc Barrette, whose C10 fender wells inspired my own, measurements and all. 

That's the great thing about modifying a truck like mine. IF you do your homework, you can learn from those who came before you. 

Thanks again for the help, and the referral, Jean. 

And thanks to companies like Switch for making the parts we need to finish what we start available. This one comes highly recommended by two guys who used them. Good enough for me!





Comments

Popular Posts