2.14.21 KNOCKING BACK WELDS AND MOCKING UP WHEELS

Before the grinding and flapper-wheeling began.

After a little massaging.

We repaired some cancer on the leading edges of both inner fenders, 
an area these trucks are infamously prone to rust. 

Here's the driver-side before being its die grinder and circular flapper wheel. 

At the end of the day, my curiosity got the best of me and I tucked a wheel and tire into the
passenger front mini tub. This is probably a realistic goal for the driveable ride height. 

This is more along the lines of what it will look like completely aired down. The wheel I'm using for reference is a 15" Cragar SS off of my Econoline van. I'll likely use a 17" wheel instead of a 15" up
front. 

Time to pull the fender off and get back to the prepping. 
Stay tuned. 


















Comments

Popular Posts