1.5.20: YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. TODAY I BEGIN TO FULLY UNDERSTANDING EFI INSTALLATION.

 


Spending my evening studying the Holley EFI manual for my Sniper system. I've got an oxygen sensor to install in my exhaust pipe, wiring to run and a computer module to set up. And a fuel delivery and return line system included an in-tank high-volume fuel pump. 

Parts are ordered. Things are rolling in. And so, the studying begins. Until I understand it on paper, I can't begin to understand it in reality. 

I'm determined to get this system as close to completely installed as possible. Who knows, maybe I'll get the whole enchilada put in. It won't be for lack of trying. 

Gotta go. More schematics to study.

ADDENDUM: The in-tank EFI fuel pump arrived EOD and it's the wrong part. I called Holley and was informed that they don't make a retrofit kit for the Suburban.

F@*K. 

They do, however, make a universal kit which would require me to cut a 3.5" hole in the top of the tank.

 Less than ideal, but probably the most cost-effective option. Buying a tank with an EFI pump and float already in place would be the alternative. Easier, but costly, and seeing as my existing tank is in excellent condition, I think the universal kit is the right call.  

Will keep you posted. Onward. 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts