1.28.21 CUTTING METAL, AKA PANCAKE PREPARATION

 

Pre-measuring and marking, I wire-wheeled the metal to be nice and clean. Fifty years of filth removed. 

It's going to stop being theoretical.  We're in the beginning stages of sectioning my front cross-member.

Following the shots I shared with my fabricator, we measured out a 1.5" section that we're going to cut out form the cross-member. But first, we're going to take a precaution and secure the two sides by attaching a 3/8" threaded rod from one end of the cross-member to the other. 

Using washers and nylon nuts I'll fix the two ends in place to make sure the member doesn't twist or turn-in as we're removing the center section.

This is the most cost-effective method of creating more ground clearance if all goes as planned. IF things go wonky, I'll opt for the more expensive alternative, an aftermarket drop member. 

It's going to be fun if we pull this old-school method off. 

Stay tuned, friends. 




 



Comments

Popular Posts