12.24.21 THE FABRICATION FUN BEGINS -- MEASURING, MARKING, AND PREPPING

Today, my fabricator shows up at noon nursing a bad back. Ironically, I over-exceriscised my back yesterday dancing with a wood chipper as we turned a few months worth of yard waste into a nice mountain of useable mulch. Sore. 

So, given my friend's bad back and my own, I thought it would be a good idea to prioritize the work needed. 

1. Inner fender wells measured and marked.

2. Pancaking the front cross member makes up

3. Firewall tutoroial for applying All Metal on factory welds

It's my hope that we'll be able to get some cutting done today, but depending on both backs, I'd be satisfied of the parts were all marked up and the cutting became homework for me.

Today's biggest items will be the inner fender mods and the pancake, in that order. 

So there you have it. 

For my fabricator's benefit, I'll be sharing the links, pics, and various tutorials today. 


Here's a very well done example of a pancake.



Note how clean the welds look. I'll be pleased if my CM looks like this, not that anyone will ever see it. Ha.

I've decided to go 1.5" since that appears to be a conservative amount based on my research. 

GROUND AND SUSPENSION CLEARANCE, HERE WE COME!




 

Comments

Popular Posts