1.17.21 F AND K - SHAVING THE FIREWALL AND INNER FENDERS OF EXCESS HOLES

I took a momentary break from prepping the inner fenders to mark up my firewall and fenders for welding. I'll be filling holes that aren't being used and cleaning up factory welds. The goal is to significantly smooth the firewall by filling all holes that are not going to be used. 

By marking "F" and "K" directly on the firewall in block Sharpie, I'm able to designate fills and keeps. So fat the fills are vastly outnumbering the keeps. 

I'll be doing the same on the inner fenders so that any hole not in use will be filled. welded, and smoothed. It's not absolutely necessary but should contribute to a cleaner look under the hood. 

Once this is done, back to wire-brushing to remove grime, undercoating, and dirt. 

Tidying.  If you look closely, you can see numerous rubber pugs hiding excess holes. 

I haven't decided what color to go with for the firewall but will be scuffing and repainting it. 

I might just go with a semi-gloss or satin black like the undercoating. 

Onward!






Comments

Popular Posts