1.12.21 FRONT INNER FENDER TUB RESEARCH

One of the challenges to lowering the front end of a C10 or Suburban is that your front tries will bottom out (or should I say top out?) on the inner fenders.

There are a number of people making aftermarket fenders but one the inner fenders come out, it crats a house of cards. The mount for the stock hood spring, for instance, is an integral part of the stock inner fenders. 

Slosh Tubz, Delmos, and others make wheels tubs and the magazines are filled with them. 

Unfortunately, they're quite expensive and cause the need for many additional mods. 

House. Of. Cards.

Then suddenly, I come across these shots on a C10 Facebook page I recently joined.


Owner: Jean Marc Barrette

This c10 owner fabricated his own mini tubs using trailer fenders. Granted, this appears to interfere with the hood hinge springs but I must say it's impressive especially if like me, you're looking to lower your front end, and aren't looking to lay frame.

The owner of this truck bought trailer fenders and fabbed these mini tubs.  

I'm hoping to learn more from the owner. Meanwhile, I'll do more research on the 67-72chevytrucks.com website/messageboard.

Meanwhile, I'm stripping the inner fenders down to shiny metal as I determine whether to go with fabbed mini-tubs. It'll come down to whether I can find a fabricator to work with me. 

A few more shots of Jean Marc Barrette's truck from the C10 FB page.






Stay tuned. 

REFERENCE NOTES:

ADDENDUM: Found this YouTube video where a 63 Chevy owner built front tubs using three trailer fenders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDw30nZvKDs

HART FAB AFTER MARKER FOR REF: 
https://hart-fab.com/collections/60-66-c10/products/60-66-c-10-inner-fenders-for-20-wheel


 

  

Comments

Popular Posts