REMOVING SPAGHETTI TO MAKE ROOM FOR BEEF

The engine compartment is clearing the way for my Smeding 383 Stroker engine. The biggest struggle so far has been the rear header bolts on both sides. Due to tight clearances, no ordinary 7/16" socket or wrench would do. I finally ordered an angle headed wrench and voila!


I'd underestimated the amount of work it was to remove all components and accessories but with no deadline looming over my head, it's actually cathartic and the perfect distraction for the social distancing which we're diligently adhering to.  


So far, I've removed the following from the engine: alternator, AC, power steering, water pump, carb, distributor, plug wires, hoses, and wiring from assorted sending units.
The wiring and components have been marked to aid in the reassembly, and each part has been boxed up and marked for cleaning and detailing. I find that organizing the pieces makes it seem less daunting. 
On a day when my time is limited, I can clean and detail one part.  

I was so excited to have made space in the engine compartment I just had to crawl into it for a picture.

Next up: Grill, bulkhead, and inner and outer front fender removals. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts