GAS TANK AND FUEL DELIVERY RESEARCH

 



Tonight I'm reading up on the Sniper EFI system that my new motor was delivered with and figuring out what modifications I'll be needing to make to the fuel delivery system. 

First the good news. There could never be a better time to be making these mods than with the drivetrain out. 

Now for the bad news. It's going to be more work than I realized. The smart move would be to install the EFI's high-pressure fuel pump in the tank. It's not only the afest place to mount it but makes for the least amount of noise when the unit runs. 

Which calls for either modifying the existing tank or replacing it with a unit already set up for a fuel pump, and a return line. I've been looking at Boyd's Welding and a Holley tanks for the Burb and the Holley unit seems to be the best bang for the buck. 

I'm also watching tutorials on plumbing the electrical from the intake manifold through the firewall to the starter switch, and to the positive side of the battery, to name just a couple connections. I'll also need to relocate my water sending unit which will need to used for a sensor.

Looks like dropping the gas tank would be a logical thing to do. So there you have it. Looks like I'll be siphoning gas, and removing my gas tank. 


Here's a shot of the Holley unit. Never a dull moment. It comes with the pump, filler neck, and all necessary hardware toinstall it except for the straps and the fuel lines. 

The kit pictured below had all that stuff. 






Comments

Popular Posts