Brake Booster and Reservoir ordered

After a good chat with Moses Perez at Classis Performance Products, I came to the realization that I could replace the leaky part of my old system and retain the parts that are still in good working order.

So, instead of getting the more expensive hydraulic assist unit, we were able to get a Booster and reservoir and keep my old system's vacuum assist unit. 

By doing so, I'm going to be able to attend to the leaky reservoir that caused damage to my inner fender's paint. 

Knowing that my Smeding 383 Stroker delivers good vacuum at idle, Moses reassured me that replacing my reservoir with a their new Midnite Series unit will be the most affordable route and merely call for me to redo some of the plumbing. 

The Midnight series is an aluminum reservoir so it won't lightly surface rust like so many units do. Nor is it overly blingy. It comes with a proportioning valve and everything necessary to get the job done. 

CPP is currently running 7-10 days in delays due to COVID and being in inventory but all the parts are in stock so the unit should be here by the fifteenth of January. 

That's one item closer to what needs to be done before the engine gets installed. 

I won't be going with the hydraulic assist as I'd discussed priorly and saved roughly 500 bucks with that decision. I'm sure that money will be better used elsewhere. 

Like an aftermarket cross-member with rack and pinion steering.

Onward. 

I know, I know. It's pretty sexy damn stuff we've got here.

ADDENDUM: I've canceled this part and am having my existing brake cylinder rebuilt and re-powder-coated by the company that sold me the electric vacuum assist unit I already had. Less expensive and allows me to reuse all existing plumbing. Thanking my lucky stars that I kept receipts as I was able to find the ABS Power Brake paperwork and reach back out t them.
Unless the unit proves un-rebuildable, that's the plan.  




 



Comments

Popular Posts