12/10 FRONT BUMPER REMOVAL

 



Let me start by saying my bumpers were shaved of outer bolts when I built the truck. This involved welding threaded 3/4" rods to the inside of the bumpers. 

I found out something quite interesting before and while loosening my front bumper. The right passenger side of the bumper rode much closer in and further down then the drover side. 

Clearly, the bumper was not well aligned. 

It wasn't until I loosened all of the bolts and started tugging on the bumper that things started to fall much closer into alignment. With a crowbar behind the passenger side I was able to coax the passenger side bumper outward if not upward enough to appear closer to perfectly aligned. 

One fix would be to shim the top bolt on the passenger side. Another the to make sure the frame horns are evenly aligned before any shimming takes place. Tomorrow I'll take some measurements and reference photos. I also marked the rear side of the driver and passenger bracket and designated areas where some material could be removed to make aligning the bumper as easy as possible. 

Here's a shot of Ratiki without its front bumper. Good night.    

Comments

Popular Posts