GETTING MY DETAILING ON -- EASTWOOD PRODUCTS

The paint, undercoating, primer, and frame paint, and other prep materials arrived yesterday.

With a little luck, the weather will warm up and I'll be able to start painting my frame today. 

I'm resisting the temptation to dive in quickly because I have a tendency to want to go fast and with paint, and in particular prepping for paint, that's the worst thing you can do. 

So. I. Will. Take. My. Time.

Eastwood is good stuff. 

Step one will be the frame.

 I'm starting with rust encapsulator which is a silver color that I'll brush on. Once the frame is coated inside and out and properly dries, I'll be following up with a couple of lights coats of satin black aerosol. I'll be scuffing between coats. 

That's another bad habit I have. I tend to overspray. Gain, it all comes down to being in a bigass urry to get to the fun part. Not this time. By being diligent and methodical and following the instructions, I hope to only have to do this once. 

Step two after the frame will be to do the underside of the front fenders and the lower firewall. 

Fortunately for me, the entire back of the truck and the underneath was done twelve years ago so if anything, I'll only need to do some light touch up. The inner fenders and underside of the floorboards were not stripped years ago. This time around, they will be. 

Step three will be the firewall itself which I may take the time to fill the unused holes in. Not that's it's really necessary. But it would be a lot cleaner that way.


 

Comments

Popular Posts