ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES CAM A DULL TIKI-OPHILE

With it being Siunday, I took a break from working on Ratiki and worked on the adjoining lounge space in the rear of the garage. 

As you can see, my tiki god is gaurding my steering column and my hooker headers from the Vizslas. Walls feature original hand-signed photos of Steve Scott's "Uncertain-T", the car responsible for making me want to build a Tall T. But that's in another section of the garage. 

'
It ook a few hours to hang art. Coop, Gosset, Ed Roth, and some of my favorite photos now fill the walls. 

This is a vintage tiki bar we bought from a mid-century home we almost purchased in the Krisana PArk section of Denver while we were there. We wisely renovated the house we had to sell it when 
COVID-19 hit and my job got the wobbles. 

Pull up to the bar and enjoy the July 2007 feature article on my truck that appeared in Classis Truck
magazine. 

''
Another pic of the tiki bar which is in the original condition we found it in. We're planning to send the old owners a shot of its new home in Austin hill county. 

The couch was a thrift store find here in Austin. Plaid and Naugahyde. 

The rear cabinets feature a recreation of a piece of Keith Weesner artwork that I
traced and painted on my cabinet several years ago. This is probably what got me obsessed with the idea of building a period-60s Model A roadster. Which is another story for another day.  

Back to the Suburban starting tomorrow. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts